Friday, April 24, 2009

Obsessed with sewing..

So, seeing how I am obsessed with sewing and everything that has to do with sewing (FABRICS) I stumbled across this awesome site. It's called Burdastyle, and it is a place where you can get a ton of free patterns. Mainly clothing patterns. Some are free and some are a couple bucks, but you print them out at home and "voila" , you create. I found a couple of patterns I want to try. The first one is called the Coffee Date Dress, made by a member of Burda. Here it is:

The dress actually reminds me of a friend of mine, Jen! It would be a great staple in my wardrobe and I know a great little out of date fabric store, Yardage Town, here in town where I can find some great synthetic fabric for the job. For the ribbon around the waist the designer used some beautiful velvet ribbon. I will search Etsy for some! I also found this great little jumper for girls...


Can't you just imagine this in one of the Anna Maria Horner or Amy Butler fabrics I carry?? I will make one and post it. They only downside is the pattern is only for a 2T, so you will have to upsize it for your child's size. Mine is a 5T.
I also found this great jersey jacket pattern, this one is free also. I love the idea, but I dont think I would make mine orange.



No comments:

Post a Comment